Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: Reinstate Chuck Kopp??? Let it die, people, let it die...

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Reinstate Chuck Kopp??? Let it die, people, let it die...


First here's the history:

Chuck Kopp replaces Walt Monegan
Introducing Chuck Kopp press event
Chuck Kopp--curioser and curioser...
"The Alaska Hillbillies"
Anticipating Kopp's departure
Chuck Kopp resigns effective immediately

In Friday's Peninsula Clarion, we find a story that's been picked up by the AP:
About four dozen friends and family members of Chuck Kopp jammed the Kenai City Council chamber Wednesday night urging the council to reinstate the former Kenai police chief.

Mayor Pat Porter informed the supporters that hiring and firing of city employees at the department head level is the responsibility of the city manager, not the city council.

The interesting part is who was there to support him...
A number of Kopp's supporters said they were affiliated with Cook Inlet Academy, which was founded by Kopp's father. Kopp is a past-president of the school...

...A Sterling woman who described herself as being a friend of Chuck and Trish Kopp for 16 years, Robin Forci, said city council members should consider the legacy they want to leave.

...and who wasn't there...
City Manager Rick Koch, who did not attend Wednesday's meeting, has been attending a hockey camp out of state with his son.

I'll bet Mr. Koch is thinking that hockey camp was great timing.

There is no way they are going to rehire Chuck Kopp. Besides the number of lies he told to the media (i.e. all of you) as well as the Governor, I described some of the stuff I was receiving leading up to Mr. Kopp's resignation. His departure caused me to drop any and all efforts to "research" the claims that have been made by anonymous sources. I'm guessing wayyyyy more powerful media folks than this blogger-chick have the same information and the same ability to do that research...if we are all properly motivated.

Reinstating him as police chief in Kenai would motivate me as I'm sure it would motivate others.

Folks down in Kenai should let this go. Based on my information, there could be much more than a "hug" in his past. If you really care about Chuck and his family, find him a different job.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on! Don't leave us hanging! What did you hear - that has yet to be verified?

Chuck needs to retire and start a charter fishing business or a topless bar.

8/09/2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger CelticDiva said...

If you read my post on his resignation, you'll get everything that I'm willing to say on all of that...until I get someone whose willing to go on record.

Regarding employment...Chuck could go back and work in that school where he has all of that support.

Anyone volunteer to be his Admin Assistant?

8/09/2008 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okaaaaaay. That's fair.

I think he should get a male assistant. :)

Are you related to Glen?

8/10/2008 1:29 AM  
Blogger CelticDiva said...

He's my bro-in-law. We all love each other and don't talk about politics at family gatherings!

8/12/2008 1:03 PM  
Blogger Sharon7 said...

I understand the tempatation to mistrust someone in public service, especially when rumors swirl and there is no way to prove the facts...on either side. However, I think you're wrong about Chuck Kopp. I don't believe there is any other skeleton to be uncovered & given the opportunity, I would work for him in a heartbeat. Then again, were I to be approcahed by any supervisor in a way that I thought was inappropriate, I woulda said so. And just so ya know, I am not associated with Cook Inlet Academy, I don't attend church with him & I do not socialize with him. I met him in the capacity of an investigating a crime in which my 4 year old was the victim. For whatever else you may want to say about him, no one has ever said he isn't a great Officer. Everyone is entitled to a mistake...if that's what happened. A little finger pointing does not make one guilty. You might be better served to discuss other officers who continue to serve after admitting to wrongdoing. They exist in every department... My opnion is that the woman at the center of this storm was looking for financial gain. The last woman who complained about a cop in Kenai made A LOT of money.

8/16/2008 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home