Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: If going to a 7:00 AM Breakfast Fundraiser for Senate Candidate Mark Begich isn't "showing some love," I don't know what is!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If going to a 7:00 AM Breakfast Fundraiser for Senate Candidate Mark Begich isn't "showing some love," I don't know what is!

OK...they had bacon...and coffee...and bagels so that helped.

But the best news(besides raising money for a great candidate) is that I got to meet "Own the Sidewalk's" lovely and talented "Mighty, Mighty, Myster!" Not only that, but the Momster and MLB - all of whom are very nice people! (In spite of the fact that MLB is an evil lawyer!)

I still haven't had enough coffee to write a full-blown post but the Mayor mentioned the GI Bill vote tomorrow (he's a big Veteran supporter, as I've discussed before) so I'll be posting about that later, after my lunch meeting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maia said...

Did you notice how I conspicuously ignored my mother and MLB while they talked politics? The rule I made when they met for the first time was No Talking Politics... but now that they've developed a relationship I just step away when conversation starts to drift that way. They may both wave the blue flag, but the Momster leans Marxist and MLB definitely does not... and I don't want to be accused of taking sides by certain non-Marxist, non-morning people.

5/21/2008 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So passive aggressive, even on other people's blogs.

I do have to take issue, I am not an "evil" lawyer, I just work for and with them...

5/21/2008 12:26 PM  
Blogger CelticDiva said...

I know - Lockheed Martin **insert Darth Vadar breathing here** has us on somewhat of a leash so I'm just teasing you...

...but did you hear the one about the lawyer...

5/21/2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger Maia said...

...who gave his girlfriend a really hard time about making him get up early in the morning to have breakfast with the cutest little future senator in the whole gosh darn country? I love that one! Especially the part where she tries to give him positive reinforcement by reminding him that he's sacrificing sleep for the good of future generations of Alaskans.

5/21/2008 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home