Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: Comments from Judy Salo, Former State Senator, (D) for Kenai and South Anchorage

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Comments from Judy Salo, Former State Senator, (D) for Kenai and South Anchorage

I received this forwarded email today:

I just received a copy of the full text of the Kilkenny letter that was referenced in the Anchorage Daily News article today. It is very thorough and puts words to some of the discomfort I feel about Governor Palin's meteoric rise to power. I don't know Ann Kilkenny, but I do know that her recount of events rings true by virtue of other things I have heard here in Alaska political circles.

I would like to see Governor Palin put in a full four years as Alaska's Governor to see if she can sustain progress (and popularity) over time. She has never held any job for that length of time (being Mayor of a small town and hiring a city administrator to do the work doesn't count). There are some red flags about her leadership and serious questions about her experience -- she will paint a pretty picture but should be questioned thoroughly on her rendition of the truth. I applaud the effort of Ann Kilkenny in raising some of those questions.

Sincerely,

Judy Salo (Former State Senator, D for Kenai and South Anchorage)

I got hold of her to ask if I could print this on the blog and she graciously gave me permission but was concerned that we stick to Anne Kilkenny's wishes, clearly unaware that ship had long-since-sailed when Kilkenny's email went viral all over the internet, even possibly used by some to appear as experts on Wasilla.

When we discussed the "fear" part of the equation, she stated that she "had nothing to lose" which is why she spoke up.

I guess Sarah doesn't include that negative part of her "small town experience" in her narrative; she knows how to hurt other small-town people to get what she wants.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Philip Munger said...

I've lived on the outskirts of or near Wasilla for over 25 years, and I'm no expert on the damn place!

9/07/2008 2:25 PM  
Blogger Lazarhat said...

The rumors persist... the case for Trig being Bristol's baby as opposed to Sarah's are not dying and it's based on photo and video evidence and speculation but it is compelling. Here's a new link:

http://alaskapodshow.com/index.php/2008/02/20/my-visit-to-juneau-alaska/

Does this look like a woman who is in her third trimester of pregnancy? Hmmm... also check out the comparison photos here:

http://babytrigforobama08.blogspot.com/

Time will tell if this is yet another falsehood from Sarah.

-Laz

9/08/2008 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I have wondered since day one about her so called experience as mayor. My community has 22,000 people, and our mayor and council all have full time jobs elsewhere. We have a city manager/administrator who does the day to day, so I never understood why people lauded her experience due to this.

Many questions need to be asked of this woman. This entire thing feels like I have moved into an alternate reality...and its ugly here.

9/08/2008 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home