Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: Credible vs. non-credible vs. unverifiable

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Credible vs. non-credible vs. unverifiable

********UPDATE********

In case I wasn't clear...

I think Steve's blog is excellent, he's a wonderful writer, he has absolutely impeccable journalistic credibility...moreso than most of the rest of us. I posted this to contrast his impeccable journalism with the crap that I discussed in the previous post.

There, I hope there is no confusion!

***********************

Steve Aufrecht of What Do I Know posted this article on Track Palin.

I've heard this information (at least the bus vandalism story) from multiple private citizen sources and multiple media sources over time (i.e. before Palin was VP nominee). I also know that Steve has some truly excellent credible sources in fields that would be in-the-know on this issue. His post is completely appropriate as a result.

Note: Most of the bloggers I know in Alaska...I'd trust their anonymous sources more than I'd trust others whose sources go public.

So while this information (due to the sealed records of the minors) is unverifiable unless someone's parent or sibling comes forward, I still find this credible.

Someone's friend's housekeeper/waitress who happens to overhear a conversation at a table where someone allegedly says something that NO ONE ELSE has ever heard her say? Also not verifiable but this time, not credible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aufrecht's blog is head and shoulders above the rest of you guys.

9/07/2008 7:19 AM  
Blogger CelticDiva said...

I just said that I highly respected him so much that I trusted his anon sources more than I'd trust more people's public ones.

Was I not clear?

I posted this to show a perfect example of a journalist of integrity as opposed to the guy I wrote about in the previous post.

9/07/2008 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home