Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: The perfect gift to say, "Happy Birthday, George W!"

Sunday, July 06, 2008

The perfect gift to say, "Happy Birthday, George W!"

Courtesy of mooncat at Left in Alabama


Laura's [Bush] letter said she needed my help to make George's birthday "truly meaningful," and I'd like to oblige. She asked me to sign and return a card for George, along with a $62 dollar donation to the RNC. The inscription on the card started with "Thank you for your service and dedication to our country" and, much as I hate to disappoint Laura, I can't tell a lie that big, so the card remains unsent.

Sending $62 (or even more) to the RNC is a non-starter too, but I've come up with a plan to make George's 62nd birthday truly meaningful. Here it is:

I'm sending a $62 contribution to the DNC to mark the occasion of W's last birthday in Our House. My personal message to George is "Now get out, and don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave." The NSA guys will forward that to him if he doesn't read this blog on his birthday.

I thought it was absolutely a BRILLIANT idea! She also suggests giving to the local Democratic Party or a candidate...even if it's $6.20, $62.00 or $620.00!

Here are some suggested donation destinations:

- Alaska Democratic Party

Also, here is their candidates page. From there you can find how to donate to any candidate you wish, especially State House and State Senate.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home