Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: This Monday

Thursday, July 14, 2005

This Monday

Well, this Monday my husband and I pack up from sunny Florida and drive 27 hrs with 2 cats to Denver CO. It's a good promotion, and in an area which has a lot more mobility in my company than Jacksonville. It's also still a huge step, and I feel somewhat like I'm jumping off a cliff and hoping for a trampoline at the bottom.

Everyone here in Jacksonville has been laughing over heading to Denver. "Why would you want to leave FL? We have no snow!" Well, let's see, I'm trading off sweltering hot summers at 90 percent humidity, noseeums, swamps,huge mosquitoes and the hurricane dodging game for a growing large city with great facilities, tons of activities, and giant mountains in easy driving distance. I blame the mountain thing completely on Celticdiva. Ever since visiting Alaska a year ago, I've yearned for majestic huge mountains.

It should be interesting to see how we end up handling snow, ice and all other things foreign. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger CelticDiva said...

You forgot to mention that this is just training for your eventual move to Alaska! *grin*

Please map out the Internet Cafes on your way so that you can give us an updated travelog!

Drive safely, hon! *hugs*

7/14/2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger crallspace said...

I thought you DID live in Alaska.

7/14/2005 7:48 PM  
Blogger monocot said...

She does, I don't ;)

7/15/2005 8:27 PM  
Blogger CelticDiva said...

She and Kaerick, her husband, come up here to visit us. Mono wants to move here and Colorado is supposed to help prime Kaerick so he'll consent. *grin*

7/16/2005 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home