Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: I'm becoming Frankenstein's Bride...

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm becoming Frankenstein's Bride...



So, my wonderful husband-to-be, my daughter and I were standing in the middle of the wave pool at H2Oasis water park when Josh turned to me and said, "If I knew last year what I know now, a pot-luck wedding reception in the park would have been a better choice."

Yeah...that's what I want to hear thousands of dollars, thousands of hours and many bottles of antacid later!!!!!!!!!! He's lucky I didn't drown him right there! (I hear that homicide before the wedding is bad luck, though...)

You see, the "potluck in the park" idea was the way I wanted to go, since he insisted on a summer wedding. Otherwise, I wanted an autumn or Christmas season ceremony.

But nooooooooooooooooooo...it HAD to be in the most expensive, busiest wedding month (June) on the most popular wedding day of the year (25th) and it HAD to be catered because a "pot luck" would be gauche!

And then he kicked back and played video games while I planned the whole damn thing! (OK, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'm playing the sympathy card.)

Anyway, it's a little more than 3-weeks out and I'm discovering all of those little "loose ends" that need to be tied up. You know, like actually having a wedding dress in time for the wedding! (Thank goodness for my future mother-in-law who rode to the rescue!) Of course there are 2 dozen other unfinished issues that I'm working on, but I figure by the time the day gets here, those things just don't matter.

At least I hope they won't...I pity him if my mood isn't any better than it is right now!

*insert Bride-of-Frankenstein hiss*

3 Comments:

Blogger monocot said...

What did I tell you... /ponder /ponder /ponder oh yeah, elope. :) Weddings are a torture designed to find out if your marriage will truly last. If you don't kill each other in the process, you've probably weeded out bad spouses in the process.

6/02/2005 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it's all coming together! You know, though, these stories will be gold when you look back on your memories! :)

Happy for you! <3

6/03/2005 6:25 AM  
Blogger CelticDiva said...

Sanae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it going, girl?

Good to see you!!!!!!! *hugs*

6/03/2005 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home