Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: Geeking Out--Yes, I WILL be getting the "Deadliest Catch" video game!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Geeking Out--Yes, I WILL be getting the "Deadliest Catch" video game!


Kyle Hopkins talks about this at ADN:
VIRTUAL DUTCH HARBOR -- Minutes into your new career as a crab boat captain, the crew is already a headache.

"Captain, you've got help me. I've got a girl in my bunk and my girlfriend just showed up. Can you keep her busy?"

Do you help your crewman trick his girl, or tell him he's on his own? Choose wisely. Keeping your crew happy is a big part of "Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm," a new video game based on the wildly popular Discovery Channel series.

We all love the show "Deadliest Catch" at our house and my daughter and I have been eager to get the game.

Kyle's review isn't bad...the game seems to follow the mold of most of the "Sims" games as well as "Pirates"...keeping the crew happy while increasing your "treasure." However, I checked YouTube to see more footage of what I was more interested in...the game mechanics:



I'm pretty sure I'm getting this. I think I'll have to play it first, though, before I decide if Morrigan can have it too.

Here's an ad for the game that fans of the show can appreciate:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home