Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: ***UPDATE*** Helping Debbie Shank (the disabled woman sued by Walmart)

Thursday, March 27, 2008

***UPDATE*** Helping Debbie Shank (the disabled woman sued by Walmart)

To recap my post from yesterday:

I had been following THIS TRAGIC STORY about Debbie Shank over the last day or so and it just broke my heart. When I finally read the most recent update - that her son had been killed in Iraq just days after they lost their appeal of the Walmart judgment against them, I cried while I was reading the article.

Here's Keith Olbermann's story on it, ranking Walmart as Wednesday's Worst Person in the World."

I got this overwhelming urge to try and contact her husband to find out what we can all do to help. Amazingly enough, I was successful!

Jim Shank is one of the sweetest men you will ever talk to. He was so kind to this crazy woman calling from Alaska even as I fumbled around for the right things to say...including rather ineptly expressing my sorrow at the loss of his son. I was finally able to form the right question - did they have a bank account set up for people to deposit donations?

I was VERY happy to find out that the answer was "Yes."

Jim Shank said that all anyone needs to do is walk into any "Bank of America" and say that they want to donate to "The Debbie Shank Fund." If your particular branch doesn't know about it, tell them they need to contact the branches in Jackson, Missouri to get the information (573.339.6500).


I am listening right now to Alaska KUDO 1080 Shannyn Moore's interview with Jim Shank. I spoke to Mr. Shank earlier for an address to send donations since many of us don't have access to a Bank of America.

You can send checks or money orders to:

Bank of America
320 W. Main
Jackson, MO 63755
c/o "The Debbie Shank Fund"
Phone: 573.339.6500

It's all safe and legitimate - I spoke to the people at the Jackson Branch of Bank of America.

I would like to request that folks email, blog, send this information everywhere in whatever way they can.


Blogger Affiliates 4 Review said...

Jim Shank should Pay the judgement with a Promissory Note and discharge the debt. The court or no one else can order you to pay the judgement with federal reserve notes under public policy. Contact me if you want more information. Get this info to them if you can.

Gary Wallis

3/29/2008 4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home