Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: Questions I'd Love to Ask the General - but can't

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Questions I'd Love to Ask the General - but can't



Major General Strock is here. In case you are wondering, he is the Commander and Chief of Engineers of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

Bunnatine Greenhouse works for him. After 24 years of exemplary service with the Corps, she has now been demoted and is on a 90 day probation (which by regulation has to include a PIP - Performance Improvement Plan)

How did she get there? She had the audacity to reject the sole-source contracting to Halliburton as unethical and illegal. Since she was the head of Contracting at the time, she ought to know.

By the way, this is the third woman I have seen who has tried to stop waste, fraud and/or abuse and has ended up with poor performance evaluations after many years of perfect ones. (I helped one woman write her grievance about it.)

We have a Town Hall Meeting tomorrow with Gen. Strock. There will be a question and answer period. Do you know how tempting it will be to just blurt out a question about this? I wish we knew now if my husband was going to stay on with the government or go into the private sector.

It's time to leave this organization...I know it. Hopefully, I will be gone by Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home