Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: Mark Begich hits One Million Dollars!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mark Begich hits One Million Dollars!

The Begich Campaign announced this while I was on the air on Cary Carrigan's KUDO 1080 morning show. From the Begich Blog:
We're proud to announce that we broke the $1 million mark in the 2nd quarter of the campaign. We received 4099 contributions -- a whopping 73.6% were under $100. Mark Begich commented on his fundraising success this morning:
“I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support our campaign is receiving. I think it shows Alaska’s families are excited to have a candidate with an open and transparent style, and someone who can bring new energy and ideas to the U.S. Senate.”

“What this shows is real grassroots support for what we’re doing. We’re connecting with Alaskans and showing them I will work hard on the issues they face, from energy costs, to education, health care and more.”

Yup...I'm one of those "$100.00 and under" folks. I went to a 7:00 am breakfast just to give him money!!!!

Also, I've been meaning to mention his new ads and how impressive I find them to be. I like the old "End of the Road Show"-like music in the background...does that mean a famous "Homeroid" is a supporter?!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Mayor B!

KudoKitty ~ =^..^=

7/15/2008 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home