Celtic Diva's Blue Oasis: There's not enough time in the day to research and refute right wing bullsh*t

Monday, April 07, 2008

There's not enough time in the day to research and refute right wing bullsh*t

It's 3:00 am and I'm presently researching and writing a post that I'll be touting far and wide tomorrow (at 4:00 am I'm calling to try and interview someone in D.C.). As the Internet links are piling up on my bar, the preponderance of right-wing crap is completely overwhelming me.

You see, they learned the secret. All they have to do is write/say a bunch of half-truths and misinformation and then it's up to US to put in the time and effort to refute it properly, with scientific back-up, links, etc... Also, refuting it NEVER fits into a soundbite (because you're trying to tell the ENTIRE story) and the dumbed-down lies seem to fit quite well. Therefore, it's pointless trying to argue with them on-air about it.

Dan Fagan's recent pile 'o crap Opinion piece in the Daily News is a perfect example. I don't have time to sit down and research/write the facts (because those of us who actually worked in Prudhoe have a few facts he doesn't) so like every other thinking person, I just blow by it...which is what he counts on.

Well, I'll at least try to get my post done. I guess the guy whose job it is to shovel the elephant dung must feel this same way sometimes.

*******UPDATE********

An excellent post from January by Steve at "What Do I Know" describes perfectly what is going on here and Philip over at Progressive Alaska refutes Fagan's most recent piece beautifully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home